There’s nothing I love more than a dish that looks as good as it tastes. This is an easy go to that is healthy as well. My little sister approves of it and she has a very high standard.
- Any type of fruit that you want however I recommend citrusy fruits. If you want to use fruits like banana then I would recommend a smoothie pop. I will post a recipe for these types
- White grape juice or coconut water
- For the grown up version: white wine, rose or bubbly
Mise en place*
- Cut the fruit into slices. This is how the ice pops look so pretty.
Where the magic happens
- Fill the molds with the fruit. Make sure it’s packed in their firmly!
- Fill with the liquid of choice.
- Tap the molds so that all the air bubbles are released.
- Don’t fill to the top because as we once learned in science class: ice expands.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
*Mise en place is a term used in cooking which when translated means “putting in place.” These are all the preparations that are done before cooking can take place. I put this in a different section because not only will it save you time and stress, but it helps in decreasing mistakes during cooking.