I am always interested in food trends but more on how I can alter them to fit my own tastes. I add an egg and salad to turn it into a hearty meal and add extra flavours. Tahini holds a special place in my heart. Having practically grown up in the middle east, I am obsessed with the flavours in their cuisine and sesame paste brings me right back ‘home’.
- Ripe avocado
- Whole wheat toast
- One egg
- arugula salad
- Chili flakes
Mise en place*
- Poach egg. (a easy how to will follow shortly)
- Toast the whole wheat bread.
- Make tahini dressing by mixing one tablespoon of tahini with some lemon juice.
Where the magic happens
- Scoop out and mash the avocado on the whole wheat toast.
- Top with as much arugula as can fit.
- Carefully place the poached egg on top.
- Spread the tahini dressing on top.
- Season with salt, pepper and chili flakes to taste.
- Cut the poached egg and watch all that lovely gooeyness flow out.
*Mise en place is a term used in cooking which when translated means “putting in place.” These are all the preparations that are done before cooking can take place. I put this in a different section because not only will it save you time and stress, but it helps in decreasing mistakes during cooking.