The one thing you will notice about my recipes is that I love to give you the option to add and alter to fit your taste. Just like with this recipe, you can use any vegetables that you like and any cooked protein you like.
- Rice paper
- Large carrot
- Large cucumber
- Paprika of different colors
- Glass noodles
- Cooked shrimp
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoons sriracha
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Sesame seeds
Mise en place*
- Chop the vegetables into matchsticks. They should be fine enough so that you can fit a lot into one roll.
- Cook the glass noodles.
- Make the spicy peanut dressing by mixing the peanut butter, sriracha, sesame oil, soy sauce and lime juice
Where the magic happens
- The great thing about recipes like this is you can turn it into a group activity. I recommend prepping everything and letting your guests roll their own spring rolls. That means less work for you and you let the guests add whatever they like.
- Warm some water and soften the rice paper.
- Once softened, add some noodles, vegetables and shrimp.
- Roll and top with sesame seeds and dip into the dressing
*Mise en place is a term used in cooking which when translated means “putting in place.” These are all the preparations that are done before cooking can take place. I put this in a different section because not only will it save you time and stress, but it helps in decreasing mistakes during cooking.