I remember that as a child I always dreamt of having dessert as breakfast but with this recipe you can do that guilt free. The base is really simple: banana or oatmeal but you can also add applesauce or peanut butter according to your taste. Then go nuts (pun intended) with the add ins.
- One ripe banana
- 1 cup of oatmeal. Add a bit more if using applesauce
- Additionally: 1/4the cup of applesauce or 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- Optional: chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, shredded coconut,…
- Spices: Vanilla essence, cinnamon, ginger,…
Mise en place*
- Preheat oven to 170°C
- Mash banana
- Prepare baking tray with baking sheet
Where the magic happens
- Mix oatmeal and banana and add ins
- Roll dough into balls and then press onto baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes or until firm
*Mise en place is a term used in cooking which when translated means “putting in place.” These are all the preparations that are done before cooking can take place. I put this in a different section because not only will it save you time and stress, but it helps in decreasing mistakes during cooking.