In the spirit of bettering myself and of course providing better pictures, I have started paying more attention to presentation. I still have a long way to go compared to dishes that I eat in great restaurants but i’m really enjoying this. As always my recipes will be simple, approachable and delicious. The great thing about this marinade, which is the star of the dish, is that is work with everything! I’ve used it for all types of fish and now also for chicken and i’m sure it would work perfectly well with beef or pork. Try it out and let me know.
Ingredients (makes two plates)
- 200g chicken breast or any other meat you would like to try
- Vegetables of your choice to roast. I used fennel and asparagus.
- 6 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 Garlic cloves
- ½ Onion diced
- 1 piece Ginger
- 2 tsp Turmeric
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1.5 tbsp Honey
- Olive oil
Mise en place*
- Make the marinade by mixing: soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, onion, turmeric, ginger, honey, salt, pepper and olive oil
- Marinade the chicken for at least one hour, preferably longer
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
Where the magic happens
- Cut all of the vegetable into equal sizes
- Season the vegetables and add some oil.
- Put into preheated oven and cook until tender.
- You can either cook the chicken in the oven as well or in the pan. If you cook it in the oven cook for around 20 minutes because of the high heat in the oven.
- I added some grapefruit slices to add some freshness to the dish.
*Mise en place is a term used in cooking which when translated means “putting in place.” These are all the preparations that are done before cooking can take place. I put this in a different section because not only will it save you time and stress, but it helps in decreasing mistakes during cooking.